Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We need a "Big Girl" seat!!...But what one? Any suggestions?

Okay, so we are retarded and can't figure out what to put Carly in for a carseat. As you can see from the last post, she's very much outgrown her infant seat, but we don't know what to buy next! We don't know what's the best or worth the money. I'm reading that Britax marathon is the best, but almost $300 for a carseat? Is that normal?>we don't know. We just want something that Carly will last in, be comfty in, and not scream in the whole time we're in the car(which is where we're at now-the poor thing probably hates her carseat at this point!! IT's TOO SMALL!!
Okay, so I know lots of you mommies that read our blog have just transitioned to a bigger carseat or are about to, so please tell me your thoughts, suggestions, or what you've gone with!! Thank you!! We really need to get one soon!
(Thanks Sarah, for reminding me to post this with your comment of how surprised you were to see Carly in her infant seat still!!LOL~Hehe, this is the reason she's still in it!^^^^^)

6 comments:

brittany said...

We bought Lily a super expensive deluxe carseat when she graduated to a big seat and it is Stella's now and we both hate it, It is big and heavy and hard to move in and out of cars and just a pain. We love the light weight inexpensive one that we got for Lily and wish we had two.

Unknown said...

get something that can go backwards or forwards after she turns 1. Like what was said before, something light is easier on you.

Unknown said...

thanks, you too:) Are you guys still in CA right now? We just have one more year left and then we'll see where aaron gets a job. We're hoping to be closer to family. I never thought it was all the important, b/c we grew up away from family, but being this far away makes me want to be closer. Plus, grandparents can't see to live w/o the grandkids:) I'm sure your parents know what that's like:)

McGiven Family.... said...

We got the Britax but I don't know if it is the one you were talking about or not. I know we are crazy because they are expensive and we had to buy 2 but we had one paid for (from my car accident)Anyway, we love them and so do my kids. They are really soft and they love the material. I know there are cheaper ones that are probably just as good but I think since my car accident I am more paranoid and really wanted the safest ones! My best friend has an EvenFlo and she really likes it, I think it was about $170?!? Ours was about $220. Hope that helps.

Ko Family said...

We have the Britax Marathon. Abby loves it. She used to scream in her infant car seat but ever since she's been in this one, she's silent as a mouse. The guy who installs our car seat at Stanford recommended it. That said, all of these car seats have to pass a baseline safety standard so they are all safe.

Renee said...

Costco always seem to carry one. I was there and they had one that was $115. It believe that it is the same one I bought for Nick but in a different color. You could check it out.