Thursday, February 21, 2008

And we're back!!!.......Again....

So I realize that it's been a month since I last posted-horrible I know. Although this is going to sound a bit familiar from my last excuse a month ago, I swear it's the truth!!.....Well, about two weeks after I got better from the flu/cold, I started coming down with the same symptons-AGAIN! Within days, I was about as miserable as I could be. Within days of that, Carly started coughing pretty badly as well-yeah great! She started to get so bad, that at times, she was having a hard time getting air! It was getting pretty scary, and she'd had a 102 fever for days so I finally took her in to be seen. Sure enough my daughter had the CRUPE!!! It was so horrible, and she was so miserable. I felt so bad for my baby. It definitely distracted me from how miserable I felt! They gave her an overdose of steroids, and before I knew it, I had a sick raving lunatic running around the house(besides me)! Carly was still horribly sick, but she was so emotionally unstable(like her mother), agressive, and out of control!! OF course Ryan was on-call that day, and wouldn't be home from the hospital till the next afternoon(lucky me!). All I could do was pray that this chaos would pay off. The doctore told me that this behavior was "normal" with steroid treatment, and that it's common for even kids to get "roids rage!" Sweet-....Within three days, she finally was going off the steroids-I thought the worst was over......but apparently not! I don't know what was wrong but she was going through withdrawels or something! I have never wanted my baby back more than I did that week!! It was so nice when things started to finally calm down within a week or so. She and I were still sick, but we were both able to get more rest. So there you have it. It has been a crazy past month, and I feel I am entitled to at least one more month before getting sick again!! Is that too much to ask?? Let's hope not!!
I took this picture last week. I was playing dress up with Carly and trying on her new Easter dress(from the one and only Target!). Oh, and the black leggings are not part of the ensemble! I was just too lazy to take them off! Try to ignore the tornado that came through the room! Her laundry was literally everywhere!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. What a tough winter for you both. Hopefully spring/summer is just around the corner. Her dress is beautiful!

spaceyhawks said...

Oh that dress is so adorable. I'm so sorry to hear about all the sickness. Glad to hear you all are doing better.

McGiven Family.... said...

She is so cute! I love that picture of Carly! I am glad you are feeling better!

Emily S. said...

sorry to hear you and Carly have been so sick! No fun! Hope your California weather returns soon. Carly is such a cute (and grown-up!) little toddler.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry Kate!! That stinks! I hope that you guys are finally feeling better and I love looking at your pictures!

Renee said...

I am so sorry that you have been so sick! Poor Carly! Austin is sick right now and it is so miserable to not be able to make them better. I hope to be seeing more blogging from you MUCH sooner this time. Hang in there.

Castiel Moyes said...

Isn't that so hard? Lilly was sick recently as well and I jsut felt like where did my sweet baby go? I almost gave her up because I wasn't sure that she was going to return and I couldn't take much more of her. But thankfully we kept her and she is back to normal. So fun though!

aaron and joni said...

Hey Kate!

I just wanted to say hi...:O) I hope you are all feeling better. Rainy day blues on top of really being sick is a verrry bad combination...I hope all is well now.
When are you guys heading to Texas? How fun...a real house...I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE!!!!
Well..good luck with all of that!
joni ann

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Sorry about being sick! I'm excited for you guys and the big move! I wish we would have gotten to say good-bye. We left so fast. o-well...keep in touch!

Natalee Maynes said...

Super cute dress. I can't believe what a crazy month you've had. You've hung in like a champ though. I love Carly. She is a gem!

bstoutfamily said...

So sorry that you have both been so sick! That is miserable!! Hope you are feeling much better! SO funny...I bought the exact same dress and cardigan for Kaylin for Easter too! Great minds think alike! :)

Melanie said...

Are you coming back again anytime soon? Easter pictures?