Friday, April 24, 2009

Auntie Karen comes to town and saves the day!!!.....


My sister Karen has just finished her sophomore year at BYU and she had a week off before summer semester started, so she came to visit!! She and I are nearly 6 1/2 yrs. apart, but she is one of my best friends-both of my little sisters are. I think I was already crying about her leaving before she even got here!(That probably only makes sense to my fellow "sisters" out there!)Anwyays, we had so much fun, and unfortunately, our last 2 days were spoiled with Carly and I coming down with the most violent stomach flu I have ever seen! Ryan was working all night at the hospital, and it hit me at about 5pm, and Carly around 10pm, and if Karen wasn't there, I don't know what we would have done! She definitely saved the day, and she and Carly became real close pals after the all night hours spent together over a pink mixing bowl, and a sippy cup of gatorade. Karen stayed up all night with her, and luckily Ryan was able to steal home around midnight and play nurse to me.It wasn't how I pictured spending our last couple days together, but we were sure glad she was there!
I love and miss you Karen!!!






No comments: