Monday, November 12, 2007

I HATE Daylight Savings!!

Whoever thought daylight savings was necessary, was definately NOT a mother. I already had a screaming baby for two weeks a week ago because of a bad reaction to 1yr. shots, but for the past week, it's been because of daylight savings! DId it ever occur to anyone that some mothers have children who don't adapt to time change too well?! Carly won't even go to bed at night she's so messed up! She has never not gone straight to sleep. She never makes a peep from the time I put her down in her crib, but boy have "times" changed. She isn't going to bed till around 9:00!! Way too late for her. I don't know if she's overtired or what. The girl is waking up at 5:00 in the morning! I think we're all overtired!! So that's it- We've gone from waking up peacefully around 7:00 and going down around 7:45, to waking with with screaming and tears, and partying out till 9. Maybe it's our fault for creating such a scheduled baby, but it's the only way I can function, but now I am purely a disfunctional mother with a terrorizing baby from morning to night! Oh and the best part you ask me? This month Ryan is on call at the hopsital every fourth night! Which means that he works a normal day for 3 days, then on the fourth day he goes in at 6:00am, and comes home around 2:00pm the next afternoon, and goes right back early the next morning! By the time he comes home, I'm already pulling my hair out! The poor guy is already exhausted, and then to come home to me and a nutso baby?......I'm guessing not so fun.
I know I've probably been spoiled with a pretty good sleeper in the past, but to take it away from me so drastically???>...Seems cruel-that's all!
Let's just say the thought of coming home from Christmas break after being on Eastern time for two weeks does not give me happy thoughts. That's a THREE hour difference!!! I don't remember it being this difficult last year(of course she was a newborn), but even traveling she did fine adapting. Is it because she's getting older??
Well regardless of the reasons, I hate this!!
OKay, thanks for listening to me whine. I'm done now-just had to get it out! Feel free to tell me of your woes or advice!! ;)

5 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Hey kate--
I tried to email you, but I'm not sure I got it right... Will it work for you if Wendy and I visit you and Natalee this Wednesday at the park by your house, between 3 and 4? (Whatever works for naps...) You can just comment on my blog to let me know. By the way, we have a new family blog, palewis.blogspot.com. Sorry to do this as a comment on your blog!

Amanda

Angela and Mike said...

Ugh, that sounds awful. My sisters were just saying the EXACT same thing this weekend. It totally messes up the kids schedules. I'm sorry :( Hopefully she'll adjust to it. That sounds so hard and exhausting.

bstoutfamily said...

I feel ya, daylight savings always takes a while to get used to!! Thanks for the help with the Friends Link question I had--I will try to do it when I get a sec.!! By the way, my jeans are True Religions!!!

Castiel Moyes said...

I feel your pain. That daylight savings time thing is awful! Maybe there is something else going to as well like teeth or sickness or something. You never know! It always throws everything off for a while. And let me just say that the reason traveling and adjusting to time differences is getting so hard is because she is getting older. It is SO hard to go anywhere with Lilly right now. She doesn't want to be strapped in her car seat for a long time and there is nothing you can do to appease her. She doesn't want to sleep in any wierd places that she is not comfortable with and as soon as we get somewhere she doesn't know she gets rather clingy for a while making it impossible to do anything fun without her. It will get better though. And she will adjust to the changing time. Hopefully sooner than later.

MandaMommy said...

Hi again--

4:15 0r 4:30 is fine with everyone, or whenever you can make it over to the park. See you tomorrow, if that works.

Thanks!